Sponsorships Available for the 2016 Winter Conference.
Sponsorships Available for the 2016 National Surveying, Mapping and Geospatial Conference
Sponsorships Available for the 2016 Summer Conference. Contact Sally@mapps.org for details.
Call for Candidates for the MAPPS Board of Directors
Monday, April 15, 2013
In accordance with the MAPPS Bylaws, I hereby issue this call for candidates for the MAPPS Board of Directors. Pursuant to a recent request for volunteers, I am pleased to announce the 2013 MAPPS Nominations Committee will consist of:
Dave Hart (Continental Mapping Consultants, Inc., Sun Prairie, WI), Chairman
Marvin Miller (AeroMetric, Inc., Maple Grove, MN)
Mark Schubert (Aerial Surveys International, Watkins, CO)
George Southard (Trimble, Inc., Westminster, CO)
Jim Brainard (R.E.Y. Engineers, Inc., Folsom, CA)
The terms of the following Directors expire in July, 2013:
The committee will recommend candidates for election to the MAPPS Board of Directors. Individuals of Regular Member firms who wish to be considered for election to the MAPPS Board should submit their candidacy in writing to Chairman Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 15, 2013.
When considering candidates, Nominations Committee members will evaluate the following qualities in individuals for the MAPPS Board of Directors –
Principals of MAPPS regular member firms who are interested in serving the association as a member of the Board of Directors should advise the Nominations Committee of their interest in writing, between April 15 and May 15. Along with a statement of interest, prospective Board members should include the following information –
- reflect and represent the broad range of member firms of MAPPS;
- be senior executives in their firms (principals, owners or partners) with profit/loss responsibility;
- has the management, resources and support of the firm to serve;
- has the ability to attend required meetings and dedicate the time needed to fulfill the responsibilities of a Director;
- be experienced in the geospatial field, and recognized and respected by their professional peers;
- be of a range of firm sizes in the membership; the various professional service disciplines; all geographic areas of the United States; gender; age; race; and other characteristics so that the Board in total is reflective of the diversity of the membership;
- has the management skill and political acumen and experience that would serve MAPPS well;
- be active in MAPPS and demonstrate a commitment to the association by active participation at meetings, as a speaker, as a committee member, and as a political activist on issues important to MAPPS, and be knowledgeable about the association; and
- be from a firm (or family of firms with common ownership relationships) that has not recently been represented on the MAPPS Board so as to spread among the member firms an equitable opportunity to participate on the Board;
- be from a firm in good standing as a Regular Member Firm in MAPPS.
Brief (not more than two (2) pages) biographical sketch of the candidate to include education, experience, registrations/certifications, past participation in MAPPS activities including positions, leadership, political activity, and a statement as to why he/she desires to be a member of the MAPPS Board of Directors.
A schedule for the nominations process was established on March 28, 20113:
March 28 - Announcement of call for Nominations Committee members by MAPPS President Dick McDonaldRichard ("Dick") W. McDonald, CP,
April 8 - Deadline to submit name for Nominations Committee to President Dick McDonald
April 15 - Announcement of Nominations Committee members by MAPPS President and call for candidates for MAPPS Board of Directors
May 15 - Close of submissions to Nominations Committee
June 14- Nominations Committee slate announced (additional nominations may be made from the floor at the annual business meeting)
July 9 – Deadline for notifying President McDonald of a nomination from the floor
July 23 - Annual MAPPS Business Meeting and Election during the Summer Conference