MAPPS BOD Nominating Committee Takes Form
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Posted by: Beth Hawley
In accordance with MAPPS bylaws, MAPPS is pleased to announce the establishment of a Nominations Committee, thus beginning the election process for the MAPPS Board of Directors for 2015.
The Nominations Committee will be:
Pam Nobles, PSM, 3DS, Inc., Tallahassee, FL, Chair
Marvin Miller, Mapping Resource Group, Zimmerman, MN
Bobby Tuck, Tuck Mapping Solutions, Big Stone Gap, VA
Scott Graham, James W. Sewall Company, Old Town, ME
Frank Spencer, Frank X. Spencer & Associates, Inc., El Paso, TX
Jim Brainard, R.E.Y. Engineers, Inc., Folson, CA
Ben Houston, GroundPoint Technologies, LLC, Woodstock, NY
Renan Lopez, RLDA Surveying & Mapping, San Juan, PR
Alice Ramos, GPSI, Costa Mesa, CA
The terms of the following current MAPPS Board of Directors expire in July, 2015:
Jeff Lower, President
Mitch Long, MAPPS Director
Tim Stagg, MAPPS Director
Claire Kiedrowski, MAPPS Director
Mike Tully, MAPPS Director
Chris Ogier, MAPPS Director & Secretary
Individuals who wish to be considered for election to the MAPPS Board should submit interest in writing to Ms. Nobles, Chair of the Nominations Committee, by May 22.
When considering candidates, Nominations Committee members will evaluate the following qualities in individuals for the MAPPS Board of Directors –
A special webinar will be held on Monday, May 18 at 3:00 PM EDT for individuals interested in being a candidate for the MAPPS Board. Potential candidates are urged to participate in this webinar. To register, click here.
- be active in MAPPS and demonstrate a commitment to the association by active participation at meetings, as a speaker, as a committee member, and as a political activist on issues important to MAPPS, and be knowledgeable about the association;
- be senior executives in their firms (principals, owners or partners) with profit/loss responsibility;
- has the management, resources and support of the firm to serve;
- has the ability to attend required meetings and dedicate the time needed to fulfill the responsibilities of a Director;
- be experienced in the geospatial field, and recognized and respected by their professional peers;
- has the management skill, and political acumen and experience that would serve MAPPS well;
- be of a range of firm sizes in the membership; the various professional service disciplines; all geographic areas of the United States; gender; age; race; and other characteristics so that the Board in total is reflective of the diversity of the membership;
- reflect and represent the broad range and diversity of member firms of MAPPS; and
- be from a firm (or family of firms with common ownership relationships) that has not recently been represented on the MAPPS Board so as to spread among the member firms an equitable opportunity to participate on the Board.
The Nominations Committee will announce its recommendations by June 12, one month prior to the Summer Meeting. The election of Directors will take place at the annual business meeting of MAPPS during the Summer Meeting, on Tuesday, July 14 in Sunriver, Oregon. Any individual not nominated by the Nominations Committee can be considered by a nomination from the floor at that meeting, provided that notice is filed with Jeff Lower prior to June 30.