Call for Nominations
Monday, April 16, 2012
MAPPS President, Dick McDonald, in accordance with the MAPPS Bylaws, hereby issues this call for candidates for the MAPPS Board of Directors. Pursuant to a recent request for volunteers, McDonald is pleased to announce the 2012 MAPPS Nominations Committee will consist of:
Jeff Lovin (Woolpert, Inc., Dayton, Ohio), Chairman
Marvin Miller (AeroMetric, Inc., Maple Grove, MN)
Mitchell Long (GRW, Inc., Lexington, KY)
Richard Crouse (Richard Crouse & Associates, Inc., Frederick, MD)
George Southard (Trimble, Inc., Westminster, CO)
The committee will recommend candidates for election to the MAPPS Board of Directors. Individuals who wish to be considered for election to the MAPPS Board should submit their candidacy in writing to the Chairman Lovin (email@example.com) by May 15, 2011.
When considering candidates, Nominations Committee members will evaluate the following qualities in individuals for the MAPPS Board of Directors –
- reflect and represent the broad range of member firms of MAPPS;
- be senior executives in their firms (principals, owners or partners) with profit/loss responsibility;
- has the management, resources and support of the firm to serve;
- has the ability to attend required meetings and dedicate the time needed to fulfill the responsibilities of a Director;
- be experienced in the geospatial field, and recognized and respected by their professional peers;
- be of a range of firm sizes in the membership; the various professional service disciplines; all geographic areas of the United States; gender; age; race; and other characteristics so that the Board in total is reflective of the diversity of the membership;
- has the management skill and political acumen and experience that would serve MAPPS well;
- be active in MAPPS and demonstrate a commitment to the association by active participation at meetings, as a speaker, as a committee member, and as a political activist on issues important to MAPPS, and be knowledgeable about the association;
- be from a firm (or family of firms with common ownership relationships) that has not recently been represented on the MAPPS Board so as to spread among the member firms an equitable opportunity to participate on the Board.
Principals of MAPPS member firms who are interested in serving the association as a member of the Board of Directors should advise the Nominations Committee of their interest in writing. Along with a statement of interest, prospective Board members should include the following information –
- Brief (Not more than two (2) pages) sketch of the candidate to include education, experience, registrations/certifications, past participation in MAPPS activities including positions, leadership, political activity, and a statement as to why he/she desires to be a member of the MAPPS Board of Directors.
Individuals who wish to be considered for election to the MAPPS Board should submit their candidacy in writing to the Chairman Lovin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 15, 2011.
The Nominations Committee will announce its recommended slate of candidates by June 10. The election of Directors will take place at the annual business meeting of MAPPS on July 13, during the summer conference, in Snowmass, CO. Any individual not nominated by the Nominations Committee can be considered by a nomination from the floor at that meeting.
The election schedule is as follows:
April 15 - Announcement of Nominations Committee members by President McDonald and a call for candidates for MAPPS Board of Directors
May 15 - Close of submissions to the Nominations Committee
June 10 - Nominations Committee slate announced (additional nominations may be made from the floor at the annual business meeting)
July 13 - Annual MAPPS Business Meeting and Election during the Summer Conference