As your President, I am thrilled to report that our association is well on its way to be positioned for longevity, collaboration and value. Each year the MAPPS Board of Directors meets in Reston, VA following Thanksgiving at our Fall Retreat to review the previous year and plan for the upcoming year. As the Board Meeting adjourns, intensive discussion and actions occurred over a several-day retreat. A few of the many decisions made over the last month and at the Fall Retreat included:
- Finalizing the MAPPS association management transition as it occurs on December 31, 2017
- Unanimously approved a short-term contract with the Stringfellow Management Group (SMG) to oversee the MAPPS Winter Meeting and Federal Programs Conference
- Drafted the Request for Information (RFI) to help select a firm to manage the MAPPS administration and advocacy
- Collaborated with several strategic business partners, including our media consultant, a conference planning/marketing firm, and an advocacy partner
- Shortlisted the 2018 legislative agenda to be revealed/finalized at the Winter Meeting that is based on the interest of our members and government stakeholders
As you can see, your Board of Directors are carefully acting in the best interest of MAPPS members so that our association provides value to you, stakeholders, the geospatial community and society.
I look forward to seeing all of you at the Winter Meeting beginning on January 28th in Kissimmee, FL when the Board further discloses the exciting future of MAPPS, and obtains your valued input on our new direction.
On behalf of your MAPPS Board of Directors
Brian Raber, CMS, GISP, GLS