On behalf of the MAPPS Board of Directors we want to wish you a Happy New Year and highly successful 2018.
As you may have noticed from my announcements in November and December, MAPPS finished 2017 with many positive actions focused to propel our association into 2018 and beyond. Please review my emails and these accomplishments at your convenience. Moreover, we are only 4 days into 2018 and I have numerous updates on items that will once again demonstrate that MAPPS is positioned for a great 2018.
- The Legislative Affairs Committee has been reviewing options for our 2018 MAPPS Advocacy and Legislative approach. I am very excited to report that we are in discussion with the finalist firm from Washington DC that will represent our association on Capitol Hill. Our goal is to describe the legislative agenda and benefits of our new approach to advocacy, as well as, introduce our new partner at the Winter Meeting.
- Request for Proposals (RFP) for the MAPPS Association Management Services (AMS) were sent on January 2nd to 15 firms interested in supporting MAPPS for membership development, communication services, general administration, etc. The proposal response deadline is January 26th with the Board meeting on the 28th to start the review/evaluation process. We will have an update on the process at the Winter Meeting.
- Our annual Winter Meeting is only 25 days away and the program is focused on new business opportunities/technologies, emerging leaders, legislative affairs, positive changes in MAPPS, and much more. Please note there is an important “room block” deadline approaching with the Reunion Resort. This deadline guarantees MAPPS members the special Winter Meeting rate and room availability. Please make sure you book your rooms on-line before January 8th. http://www.mapps.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1035684
- As you know, MAPPS hired SMG and Diane Schafer to manage the Winter Meeting and Federal Programs Conference. The next correspondence that you will receive from me and MAPPS will look different because the SMG communications team will be packaging our communication in a newsletter format. I am confident you will like to the new format.
- MAPPS just entered into an agreement with the International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF) to sponsor the Welcome Reception on February 5th. Those attending ILMF can enjoy a beverage compliments of MAPPS. Also, don’t forget that MAPPS members receive a 10% discount on ILMF registration by using the special promo code: MAPPS18. Registration Link: https://xpressreg.net/register/ilmf0218/start.asp?sc=MAPPS18
There are many other items that the MAPPS Board and committees are working which I believe will continue to make our association stronger. Thank you for the hard work of many who believe in the MAPPS mission to serve our member firms, stakeholders and the geospatial community.
See you at the Winter Meeting!
Brian Raber, CMS, GISP, GLS