MAPPS is pleased to partner once again with ASPRS and ILMF for Geo Week 2020 in Washington, DC.
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mt. Vernon Place NW
March 25-26, 2020
Tentative schedule of events for MAPPS Federal Programs Conference:
Meet Our Speakers!
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - Federal Programs Updates
- 7:00am-7:50am Breakfast
- 7:55am-8:00am Welcome/Opening Remarks from MAPPS President, Mark Brooks
- 8:00am-12:00pm Federal Agency Briefings
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- U.S. Forest Service (USFS)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
- 12:00pm-1:30pm Luncheon Program & Keynote Presentation by Kevin Shaffer, Deputy to the Executive Director, Federal Geographic Data Committee, Geospatial Data Act Implementation Status
- Additional Presentations by:
- Simon Musaeus, European Association of Aerial Surveying Industries (EEASI)
- MAPPS Geospatial Excellence Award Grand Prize Winner - Woolpert/Optimal GEO: Hurrican maria Rapid Response LiDAR
- 1:30pm-3:00pm Federal Liaison and Agency Meetings (one meeting per agency - BLM, FEMA, NOAA, USGS, USACE)
- 3:00pm-3:30pm Refreshment and Networking Break
- 3:30pm-5:00pm Capitol Hill Day Logistics
- 5:00pm-5:30pm MAPPS GeoWomen
- 5:30pm-7:00pm PAC Reception & Presentation: Importance of Geospatial Advocacy and Legislation
- Special Congressional Guest: Congressman Charlie Crist (D-FL) on the Importance of Geospatial Advocacy
- Thursday, March 26, 2020 - Hill Day Visits - MAPPS is the only national mapping organization to hold an annual Washington, DC conference featuring specific information on legislation, policies and programs that impact Federal contracting opportunities and make the voice of private practice surveying and mapping heard in the Federal agencies and the Halls of Congress.
- Friday, March 27, 2020 - Board of Director's Meeting (by invitation only please)
- 8:00am-3:00pm at the offices of Prime Policy Group
Registration is NOW OPEN!
STANDARD REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 20, 2020! REGISTER TODAY!
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be in writing. No refunds will be made after February 15, 2020. Cancellations prior to February 15, 2020 will be charged a $75 administrative fee. It is your responsibility to cancel hotel reservations. If you need to cancel your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation can be confirmed via the Geo Week housing website: https://compass.onpeak.com/e/012605324/4
Please follow this link and select MAPPS Attendee to see the current available hotels at varying rates. Housing for Geo Week is being managed by OnPeak.
Geo Week 2020
Accomplish a year's worth of geospatial business in just one week by attending Geo Week 2020! Registration for MAPPS Federal Programs Conference does NOT include registration for other Geo Week events. Separate registration is necessary with multiple options available - you can register for one or both of the additional conferences, add a single day or get a pass to access just the exhibit hall! Keep reading for more information...
Geo Week is a multi-event collaboration including participation from several geospatial events. The second edition of Geo Week, taking place from March 22-26, 2020 in Washington, DC, comprises International Lidar Mapping Forum (ILMF), ASPRS Annual Conference, and MAPPS Federal Programs Conference. Each event features its own unique conference programming and combines in a single exhibit hall and inclusive networking activities.
What does Geo Week mean for you?
- More educational content
- More networking
- More exhibitors
- Less travel
- A variety of pass options available
The International Lidar Mapping Forum (ILMF) is a technical conference and exhibition showcasing the latest airborne, terrestrial, and underwater lidar as well as emerging remote-sensing and data collection tools and technologies. With a special emphasis on data acquisition, fusion, integration, processing and visualization, ILMF is the must-attend event for professionals involved in utility asset management, transportation, urban modeling, coastal zone mapping, and more.
Founded in 1934 the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) is a scientific association serving over 7,000 professional members around the world. Our mission is to advance knowledge and improve understanding of mapping sciences to promote the responsible applications of photogrammetry, remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS) and supporting technologies.
Exhibit Hall Only Pass - the planners of Geo Week have extended the special Early Rate of the Exhibit Hall Only Pass to MAPPS Members!
Follow this link to find out about adding more to your Geo Week experience!
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NOW AVAILABLE!