Thank you for your interest in joining MAPPS, the only association of private sector geospatial firms in the United States.
Membership benefits include:
- Network with members and potential project partners. More than 80 percent of member firms report they obtained business from other members due to relationships formed in MAPPS.
- Learn from peers about trends affecting your business. MAPPS conferences feature members sharing "lesson learned" on relevant business and technical topics.
- Participate in legislative action impacting our profession. While expanding market opportunity, MAPPS addresses legislative issues affecting the entire geospatial community.
- Promote the geospatial profession. Join other Owners, Principals and Executives of the leading private sector firms in the geospatial market to become a spokesperson for the profession.
- Advance qualification-based selection. MAPPS actively educates and promotes QBS with legislators and government agencies.
- Advocate for fair competition. MAPPS protects your rights as a private firm to engage in free enterprise without unfair competition.
- Grow the geospatial marketplace. Geospatial leaders within member firms obtain great benefits from specific business and legislative topics that other associations do not address.
- Honor Technical Excellence. MAPPS recognizes member innovation and success with its annual Geospatial Excellence Awards Program.
MAPPS Membership Categories
Any firm having office(s) located in the United States of America and has a number of employees engaged in professional geospatial services profession may become a Regular Member by making written application to the MAPPS President accompanied by payment of one year's dues. "Engaged in the geospatial profession" means any firm that has as one of its purposes the creation, collection, dissemination or application of geo-referenced graphical or digital data to depict natural or manmade physical features, phenomena, or boundaries of the earth, geospatial intelligence, and any information related thereto, including any such data that comprises a survey, map, chart, geographic information system, remotely sensed satellite or aerial image or data.
Associate Member Firm
Any firm engaged in the manufacturing and/or supplying of geospatial equipment, services, supplies, hardware or software, that supports but is not engaged in the geospatial profession, any firm not engaged in but with an interest in the geospatial field, and any firm meeting the definition of "engaged in the geospatial profession" whose office(s) is (are) located outside of the United States of America may become an Associate Member by making written application to the MAPPS President accompanied by payment of one year's dues.
Any individual who would otherwise qualify for membership as a Regular or Associate Member, but is not affiliated with any firm that would qualify for membership as Regular or Associate Member, has no employees, is engaged in consulting in or to the geospatial profession, and provides a consulting service of interest to the geospatial profession.
Any individual who has been an officer of a firm which has been an active or associate member firm for at least the preceding five consecutive years, who has reached the age of 60 years, who has retired from such firm and is no longer engaged in a full time practice in the geospatial profession may become an Emeritus Member by making written application accompanied by payment of one year's dues. Aside from serving on the MAPPS Board of Directors, Emeritus Members have the same rights and privileges as Regular Members.
Membership in MAPPS is by firm, with the exception of Emeritus Members. To view our current list of all members, click here.