- Advertising in MAPPS publications and on the association’s website is available to MAPPS members in good standing and to non-members†.
- Advertisements should reflect the professional nature of the sponsoring organization and comply with the MAPPS Code of Ethics.
- MAPPS reserves the right to refuse any advertisement considered in poor taste or inconsistent with the Code of Ethics or MAPPS policy.
- MAPPS will not be responsible for errors in copy that come from advertisers.
- Prepayment is due with the submission of first advertisements.
- Advertisers placing recurring advertisements (multiple-issues) may request to be invoiced for each placement after the first run. Payment for recurring advertisements must be paid within 15 days of receiving invoice.
- There will be a five percent (5%) penalty and a firm will give up its right to advertise in subsequent issue(s) if payment is not received on time.
- MAPPS member firms or their advertising partners are responsible for submitting ad copy according to deadline(s) for publication below.
- All deadline submission(s) must be received by close of business (COB) 5:00 p.m. (ET) on the date specified by MAPPS.
- All ad copy must be submitted to MAPPS Marketing Communications Manager. Information regarding FTP access for web-based advertising will be provided through the Marketing Communications Manager.
- MAPPS advertising is for web-based publications.
†Non-Member Advertising Guidelines
- Advertising space in MAPPS publications and on the association’s website is available to non-MAPPS members.
- Rates for non-members are 20% higher than the rates detailed below for MAPPS members.
- Up to 50% of the difference between a non-member and member advertising rate can be credited to MAPPS membership dues within one year of first ad.
- Non-member firms that advertise in Capitol Coverage will receive only the issue(s) in which the ad is displayed.
Sustaining Member Benefits
Platinum - $1,000
Platinum Sustaining Members will receive one (1) free large web ad for one month as part of their investment in MAPPS. This is in addition to the opportunity to display the firm’s imagery on the MAPPS homepage for one (1) year. Platinum Sustaining Members also receive a 10% discount on all advertisements.
Gold - $500
Gold Sustaining Members will receive one (1) advertisement in one (1) issue of Capitol Coverage. Gold Sustaining Members will also receive a 10% discount on blog rates.
- Ad copy can be either full color or black and white at 72 dpi (dots per inch).
- All advertisements are web-based and must not be larger than 72 dpi.
- Advertisement sizes are based on each publication (see specifications below).
- Accepted photo formats: EPS, JPEG, TIFF, PSD and PDF. (SWF for website and blog advertisements if applicable)
- All ad requests are subject to space limitations.
- All ad copy must be print ready. MAPPS staff will not do any modifications to ad copy once it is submitted.
- All fonts must be included with the ad copy.
The MAPPS blog posts are distributed to more than 500 principals, in more than 170 MAPPS member firms and to more than 100 Federal and state government agency representatives. Blog post are also distributed using social media platforms using LinkedIN, Twitter and Facebook.
- Additional 10% discount for Platinum and Gold Sustaining Members to rates above.
* 15% less than single month rate
+ 20% less than single month rate
++ 40% less than single month rate
Ad Included in Email Notification: Additional 20%
Capitol Coverage is a bi-weekly e-newsmail sent to more than 500 principals in more than 170 MAPPS member firms. This e-publication is accessible to MAPPS Members Only allowing for direct targeting of the leading firms in the geospatial profession. Capitol Coverage is sent via e-mail and then archived in the Members Onlysection of the website. The publication is sent on or about the 15thand last day of each month.
- Advertisements must be submitted on the first day of the month for the issue to be published on/about the 15th day of the month.
- Advertisements must be submitted on the 16th day of the month for the issue to be published on/about the 30th day of the month.
- Ad dimensions: 400 pixels x 397 pixels at 72 dpi.
Half Year (12 issues)*
Year (24 issues)+
- Additional 10% discount for Platinum Sustaining Members to rate above.
* 15% discount for multiple issues included in rate above.
+ 20% discount for one year (24 issues) included in rate above.
The MAPPS website receives an average of over 170,000 hits per month. The website is the focal point of the organization with an average of two press releases or new updates per week.
- Advertisements will be posted for 30 days, regardless of the number of days in the month.
- Acceptable formats are JPG, TIFF, PSD, GIF or SWF files.
- All advertisements must be ready to post.
- Large website ads will be placed at the bottom of the website on ALL pages.
- Large Ad Dimensions: 482 pixels x 88 pixels at 72 dpi
- Flash (.swf) file formats are acceptable.
- Small website ads will be placed on the right hand side of the webpage below the ‘Upcoming Conference.’
- Small Ad Dimensions: 150 pixels x 178 pixels at 72 dpi
- Small Ads will only be visible on the homepage
- Flash (.swf) file formats are acceptable.
- Additional 10% discount for Patinum Sustaining Members to rates above.
* 15% discount for multiple months included in rate above.
+ 20% discount for 6 months included in rate above.
++ 40% discount for one year included in rate above.